Friday 1 August 2014

My Summer Favourites

This year we have had an actual summer in the UK (hooray!) and this has meant a little overhaul of my old summer makeup, which was well past its best. Here are a few of the products I've been loving this summer.


Makeup


Most of my makeup collection can be used in any season but some of it is particularly suited to the summer months when I want to look a little more natural during the day (or at least have less of an ice princess look!) My summer must-have is NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in the shade Finland, it has a lovely light texture, blends flawlessly into my skin and is even SPF 30. If you have pale skin I can highly recommend NARS as they have a wide-ranging colour palette and an SPF is always very welcome as the lobster-look is not good no matter the season!


As a part of my more natural look I have found that bareMinerals READY Blush in The Whisper is perfect for adding a subtle healthy glow to your cheeks. It's easy to blend and removes the need for bronzer (which can be a difficult look to pull off if you're fair).



If I want to look super-natural I'll just apply Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lip Balm and leave it at that. It has been my favourite for a long time, I just love the chocolate flavour and the SPF15 is an added bonus for the summer. If I fancy adding a little colour though, L'Oreal Glam Shine Stain Splash lipgloss in Lolita is my go-to for the summer months. Its lovely texture, cherry scent and staying power are second only to the gorgeous colour, I find it really shows off blue eyes. I originally looked into them because Fleur de Force (link to the post here) rated them as a good dupe for YSL Glossy Stain and she was right! So if you are looking for a cheaper option these are a good place to go.

Skincare


I had a bit of a haul at Rituals recently (I'm weak!) and have been really impressed with what I bought. Their Sensational Soft Cleanser is great for removing makeup at the end of the day and feels really lovely on your skin. It's also tailored to sensitive skin which is great for me as fair skin tends to come hand-in-hand with sensitivity.



I always follow my first cleanse with a cleansing water and I am currently in love with Clarins Water Comfort One-Step Cleanser with Peach Essential Water, it's a must-have for me, despite being a bit of a mouthful to say. I have always been a big fan of cleansing waters and the peachy scent is heavenly.

My other skincare favourite is Rituals Intense Moisture Serum. My skin veers between combination and dry depending on what it's feeling like on the day and a lot of serums leave my skin feeling too oily, but not this one! It hydrates the parts of my skin which need hydrating but doesn't make my T-zone oily or sticky and I love its light texture, just perfect for summer.



Much love,

Sasha Monday x

1 comment:

  1. The bodyshop SPF30 moisturiser sounds really good, I love the simple one too!
    - Grace

    http://voguebeach.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete