Tuesday 12 August 2014

Beauty Haul Review


Okay, so last week I was out shopping and ended up in House of Fraser which is always a dangerous situation for my bank balance! I also picked up a few things from LUSH and Boots so I thought I'd share my haul with you and give you my thoughts so far.

Estee Lauder Haul



I arrived at the Estee Lauder counter looking for lipstick. I came away with lipstick, eyeshadow, eyeliner and an enormous gift bag of samples which House of Fraser were giving away if you bought three things (I'm weak!). The lipstick is their Signature Hydra Lustre Lipstick in the shade Cocoa Rose which is absolutely gorgeous! It has a nice deep colour but is still subtle enough to be worn in the day and it feels lovely on, not at all sticky or drying. Admittedly it does need topping up over the day but that's the same with most lipsticks, so I'm not too bothered about that.


 I also picked up Pure Color Five Color Eyeshadow in Surreal Skies. I love the natural colour palette and find it absolutely ideal for the day with the central dark colour being good for lining or creating a smokey eye for the evening. I do find that the powder dusts a lot in the palette although that may be a problem which lessens the more I use it. The eyeliner is their Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil in Coffee, I have used their eyeliners before and always find their staying power to be unbeatable for a pencil and I like to use brown eyeshadow during the day as black can look a little harsh on fair skin.


LUSH Haul


I like to go to LUSH about once a month and stock up on a couple of bath bombs, I like to treat myself to a pamper evening with a bath once in a while and LUSH bombs are always my go-to. This time I opted for Twilight for when I need to relax a bit, Brightside Bubble Bar for when I need perking up and Sex Bomb just because I fancied something a little musky as well. 





So far I've only used Sex Bomb, which turned the bath water a lovely pink colour and smelt absolutely gorgeous. The Brightside Bubble Bar has quite a strong citrus smell which I adore but I know can be a bit much for some people. The difference between the bubble bars and normal bombs is that bubble bars are designed to be crumbled under running water, so if you like you can only use half of one at a time and save some for another day.



Boots Haul


Having heard really positive reviews of Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer and Scandaleyes Mascara I thought I would give them a go. I had tried the Wake Me Up concealer and foundation before but found the colour to be far too yellow for my skin tone but they seem to have either changed the colouring or added a new one because the Ivory concealer and (I think) True Ivory foundation blended perfectly on my quick test in the store but I decided to only grab the concealer for now (partly due to the "buy one get one half price" deal they had on) although I will definitely be going back for the foundation! The concealer has been pretty good so far, it is perfect for under-eye circles and covers up redness as well. The only slight niggle is that it has a slight sparkle in it which over the day really shows up unless you top it up. So far the Scandaleyes Mascara has been pretty good, it really does make your lashes longer and gives a good coating without being clumpy. It is sometimes a little sticky and the mascara tends to stick to the end of the wand, sometimes making it a pain to apply but it's nothing a quick wipe won't solve.


Sadly, one of the products I picked up has been a massive disappointment. I have curly hair which I'm currently growing out, making it quite difficult to manage, so when I saw John Frieda's new Frizz Ease Go Curlier Heat Activated Spray I thought I would give it a go. It claimed to create salon smooth curls but even though I followed the instructions, all it did was gave me dry frizzy curls which looked very messy and felt sticky. I decided to try using less the next time and all it did was make the bottom half of my hair fluffy with no curl at all! Sorry John Frieda but I won't be buying this again.

Phew, that was a bit of a rant! Hope my thoughts on these new products have been helpful, let me know if you have tried any of these or had any hauls yourself recently.

Much love,
Sasha Monday x


5 comments:

  1. Woo! Shopping spree! LUSH smells amazing. I always get an aromatherapy 'zing' when I go in there!
    Blog love,
    Bilgi |Stepping Onto The Scene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all things LUSH. I just haven't tried the bath bombs because I don't find that they're worth the price. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a bit of a guilty pleasure! Happily my family tend to get me the novelty ones around Christmas, so those last a while too.
      Much love,
      Sasha Monday | Beauty Blog x

      Delete
  3. These look so luxurious!

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete