Tuesday 5 August 2014

Emergency Skin Saviours!

Okay, so when I was a teenager I had really bad skin which I was really self-conscious of, especially since red spots are super obvious on pale skin. I really struggled with my skin for years but fortunately it cleared up as I neared my twenties, although I still get the odd breakout now and then. One of the things that having bad skin teaches you is exactly which products work in a crisis and which ones don't, so here are the products I turn to when my skin needs a bit of TLC.

Cleansing Oil


If you have bad skin the last thing you would think of doing is putting oil on it but honestly it could be exactly what your skin needs. If your skin is dry it can produce excess oil in an attempt to compensate and this can cause you to break out. Using a cleansing oil can help rebalance your skin and it doubles as a great make-up remover. I currently use L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Cleansing Oil because my skin is much better now and at £7.99 it's well worth having in your skincare routine. However, back when my skin was really bad I invested in Dermalogica Precleanse which at £10.95 for 30ml is much more pricey but I couldn't fault the results. It has a lovely fresh smell and it helps to get rid of nasties by prepping your skin and allowing your cleanser to be much more effective.



Tea Tree Oil



A very simple but really effective way to get rid of a spot quickly is to put a dab of Tea Tree Oil on it before you go to sleep (the smell is maybe a bit too strong to use it during the day). The oil dries the spot making it smaller and eventually getting rid of it. Seriously great stuff and you can find it in most drugstores. If you're suddenly caught without your Tea Tree Oil then you can use regular toothpaste  (again only use at night!), I know it sounds a bit weird but it also dries out spots, although not as effectively as Tea Tree Oil.



Mask Treatments


My go-to mask no matter the problem is Dead Sea Spa Magik Delicate Boosting Mask. I still use this if my skin feels a little dull or if I'm starting to break out and it's just fantastic, I'm yet to find a mask that beats this one. My skin feels gloriously soft after using it, it has a lovely creamy texture and it smells like a fresh seaside morning. The only quibble I would have is that the mask doesn't dry when it is on your face, so I tend to end up smudging it off on other things when I put one on, but otherwise I would highly recommend it!



One thing I will say is, if you have bad skin I know just how horrible it is to look in the mirror, only see your imperfections and want to cover them up with makeup. I made that mistake and it can just make things worse, so try to resist piling on the makeup everyday and, trust me, it's not as bad as you think it is. Chin up, it will get better.

So those are my skin saviours. What products do you reach for when you have a skin emergency?

Much love,

Sasha Monday x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post dear!Really like it:)
    Keep in touch
    Antonella xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved ur way of beauty tratment

    Zahoori,xx
    http://sprinkleclassy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful girl,I love your style totally
    Hello!My name is Janephoenix Mifo Lam,you can call me Mifo.Shall we follow each other and share beauties to each, Hope to be your friend soon Pls post more!
    I am a now blogger,No matter what you're going through, it's always better if you have people to share it with.I hope I can leave a good memory in your life,keep a happy mood

    hope you can check my blog and share our life:
    http://mingmingshuohaode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete