Wednesday 27 August 2014

Battle of the Drugstore Dry Shampoos

I don't know about you but dry shampoo has been a bit of a lifesaver for me because I insist on having a fringe. I don't wash my hair everyday because I find it makes it less manageable (I have curly/wavy hair) and I have heard that it isn't good for it. Sadly, fringes tend to require maintenance after about a day and a half, thankfully dry shampoo comes to my rescue at that point. I have tried out a few drugstore brands (all bought from Boots) and here are my findings!



Batiste Dry Shampoo XXL Volume - Big and Bouncy 

This was the first dry shampoo I ever tried because Batiste were originally the big dry shampoo brand in drugstores. Back then I had a few issues with it and sadly, it would seem that Batiste haven't done anything about them. I do find that it absorbs any oil but it also leaves a slightly white powder in my hair and makes it look a little dull and grey. Also, after a few hours it gets oddly sticky and stiff… Not attractive in a fringe. I have tried a few varieties of Batiste but I have found none which solve the issues. Then again, it is the cheapest option I have tried, at £3.99, so there is that.

TRESemme Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo 

This is the most expensive dry shampoo I have tried (£5.25) and it is definitely better quality than the Batiste. It doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky and stiff and there is very little (if any) greying of the hair. The only issues are the smell, which is like a cross between talcum powder and hairspray, and that it makes my hair a little flat. If you can get over the smell and you have straight hair then these wouldn't really be issues but if you have curls or waves it might weigh them down.

Dove Style + Care Dry Shampoo 

I had heard a fair bit of hype about this dry shampoo and once again, you guys were right! I have used this a few times now and have had no problems with it at all, I even used it two days in a row and there was no weird stickiness, no white powder, it didn't make my hair all flat and it smells really nice. It's quite a sweet smell but as long as it's not that typical dry shampoo smell I don't really care. Oh and it does absorb any excess oil whilst keeping my fringe cheerfully swishy. You can get it for £4.49 from Boots and they have a 2 for £5 deal on Dove hair products at the moment. Woohoo!

Have you tried any of these?

Much love,

Sasha Monday x

1 comment:

  1. dry shampoo is such a life saver! great reviews, I've only ever used batiste and I love it. would love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete